AG CATTLE AND ANIMAL BEDDING | PRODUCTS
- Crushed husks are created from the oat milling process which produces a light, bulky, dry and absorbent bedding product.
- 6% – 8% moisture content resulting in 20% more efficiency than sawdust.
- Husks can be used in either bedding or feed, with a high fibre feed value.
- This bedding can only be supplied in Artic Walking Floors.
- Husks are a non-abrasive, less dusty alternative to sawdust.
- Miscanthus, also know as ‘Elephant Grass’ is the modern alternative to straw and wood shavings.
- The miscanthus plant has a spongy inner core, which makes it highly absorbent, biodegradable and hygienic in comparison with other materials.
- It is an extremely warm, fibrous, light and fluffy bedding material.
- Natural biodegradable properties provides mineral nutrients for the soil. Unlike other mulches, the neutral pH does not acidify the soil.
- Paper gypsum is produced from recycled plasterboard.
- The paper is mechanically removed from the plasterboard making it safe for use with livestock.
- Benefits include a low cost material with high absorbency.
- Reduces odours, ammonia, foot and hoof problems and the incidence of dermatitis and mastitis.
Husk and Gypsum
- Some customers have trouble with the gypsum sticking to the cubicles.
- By adding the husk it keeps the gypsum moving off the bed but retains all the benefits of the gypsum.
BEDDING – Jonathan Elliott
Tel: +44 (0) 7921 212 769
Tel: +44 (0) 1565 722 922
Please contact us if you would like a sample or for more information and availability.