AG CATTLE AND ANIMAL BEDDING | PRODUCTS
- Crushed husks are created from the oat milling process which produces a light, bulky, dry and absorbent bedding product.
- 6% – 8% moisture content resulting in 20% more efficiency than sawdust.
- Husks can be used in either bedding or feed, with a high fibre feed value.
- This bedding can only be supplied in Artic Walking Floors.
- Husks are a non-abrasive, less dusty alternative to sawdust.
- Miscanthus, also know as ‘Elephant Grass’ is the modern alternative to straw and wood shavings.
- The miscanthus plant has a spongy inner core, which makes it highly absorbent, biodegradable and hygienic in comparison with other materials.
- It is an extremely warm, fibrous, light and fluffy bedding material.
- Natural biodegradable properties provides mineral nutrients for the soil. Unlike other mulches, the neutral pH does not acidify the soil.
- Paper gypsum is produced from recycled plasterboard.
- The paper is mechanically removed from the plasterboard making it safe for use with livestock.
- Benefits include a low cost material with high absorbency.
- Reduces odours, ammonia, foot and hoof problems and the incidence of dermatitis and mastitis.
- This ash comes from a biomass plant and is an odourless, strongly alkaline, light grey powder.
- Dry beds are the death of mastitis-causing bacteria, being extremely absorbent, ash is good for mastitis control by keeping conditions around the udder clean and dry.
- 12.5 pH means bacteria can’t live on it-even after it has been soiled. Although there is no problem in systems with automatic scrapers and lagoons, we wouldn’t recommend it for use with slats.
- When stored undercover, the ash eventually dries out and can become dusty. If stored outside, the rain helps to form a cap over the heap and prevents ash from being blown around.
- Although it can be used neat, Ash can be mixed with other materials such as sand, sawdust or shavings.
- This cost-effective material is delivered in tote bags.
BEDDING – Steve Moffatt
Tel: +44 (0) 7921 212 769
Tel: +44 (0) 1565 722 922